Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, October 01, 2018

Maryland authorities say they'll investigate Kavanaugh -- if a victim files a complaint

Authorities in Maryland on Friday said they were prepared to conduct a state-level criminal investigation into sexual assault allegations against Judge Brett Kavanaugh -- provided that a victim comes forward.

The disclosure by Montgomery County Police Chief J. Thomas Manger and Montgomery County State’s Attorney John McCarthy came Friday, the same day that President Trump ordered the FBI to conduct a limited "supplemental" investigation.

But Manger and McCarthy noted that prosecution was unlikely in Maryland because authorities would have to apply the law that existed at the time of the offense, not the law that exists now, Baltimore's FOX 45 News reported.

More

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

AND, I am sure they would love to find him guilty! Just another reason to hate Maryland.

Anonymous said...

As a male in the sixties I had females take advantage of me. Thank goodness I have always refrained for running for any office because I knew it would hold me back. Thank you ladies for the pleasure of your company and most of all for saving me the headache of being in politics. Happy, happy, happy.

Anonymous said...

Potential victims be aware...filing a false complaint may have dire consequences for you as well!

Anonymous said...

At this point, there's no reason not to file a police report - unless of course you are worried about being charged with making a false statement to police. Apparently, there is no penalty for making a false statement to congress.

Anonymous said...

3 words: IT DOESN'T MATTER
He will be voted in on Friday. They can investigate anything they want. No one has a memory that good to substantiate her claim of something that happened behind closed doors.
It would be like me claiming my dad whipped my ass for back-talking my mother. Yeah, it happened but there were no witnesses.
And, I never did it again.

Anonymous said...

Juice isn't worth the squeeze in politics. You always have to pay off someone's somebody, not forgetting about the lurker...who needs to be paid off too! Unless you have more than enough money to live (then I'd ask WHY OH WHY politics), it is no longer worth it!!!!

Anonymous said...

70 years ago my neighbor tried to kiss me,in my parents backyard. I want the state to waste millions investigating this sexual assault.
I can't stay in a house without 2 doors, at least one on the front, and one in the back.
I can't ride or drive a car without it having a couple of doors, preferably 4 doors.
I was so traumatized I can't go out into my backyard to mow, hang laundry, rake leaves, pull weeds, I am useless to my husband.
I can't fly in a plane unless it is for a vacation.

Sounds familiar?

Anonymous said...

She cant be charged with lying as long as she don't file a complaint.

Anonymous said...

Don’t waste taxpayers money because you hate Trump !