Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Trump on Trade: ‘I Don’t Blame China, I Blame the People Running Our Country’

Monday at the White House, President Donald Trump said while China had been “taking advantage of the United States for many years,” on trade he does not “blame China.”

Trump said, “China has been taking advantage of the United States for many years — really, if you look at it, since the start of the World Trade Organization. And they have really done a number on this country. And I don’t blame China. I blame the people running our country. I blame presidents. I blame representatives. I blame negotiators.”

He added, “We should have been able to do what they did. We didn’t do it, they did. It’s the most lopsided set of trade rules, regulations anyone has seen. With that being said we have many of them. NAFTA was a horrible deal. We are renegotiating it. We will see what happens.”

Source

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a doofus.

It was the American CORPORATIONS who enabled the Chinese to obtain all of the manufacturing power.
They shipped American jobs (offshore) to China and other poor countries to take advantage of cheap labor.

He is an idiot if he doesn't know that.
Geez.