Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, April 22, 2018

Local Media Fake News & Lies

You know it's bad when local media sources go to our customers/advertisers and flat out LIE in order to hopefully garnish a sale.

I was recently informed that another advertiser was confronted and told Salisbury News numbers are fake and not true. They were told that we have an ap that adds multiple hits and that when we publish our numbers they're not true.

Unfortunately for that media source, this company follows where their Internet traffic comes from and openly admitted, (and even told them) that the numbers they see from SBYNews blows everyone else away, their words, not mine.

Look, I spend a LOT of time and money keeping this Site going. As many of you know, I start at 3:00 AM and most days go till 10:00 PM. I provide news 24 hours a day and I in no way, shape or form rig ANY numbers and here's proof. 

When you go to the top of your home page and click the down arrow to see the last 10 Websites you've recently visited, SBYNews.com is there only ONCE! Yes, there are other Blogs that frequently cheat and there is a program that can in fact refresh that page every ten seconds without you even knowing. Some of your local news Websites instantly make their page one of your favorites WITHOUT your permission. If ANYONE is cheating the system it's them, not me. 

When I publish our traffic, it's a fact. I've worked extremely hard to EARN what I have, (number wise) and I will NOT stand for LIARS belittling this hard work. In fact, if I ever hear them doing this again I will file an immediate lawsuit against them as my customers/advertisers are my witnesses. Know right here and now, you've been warned. I am not afraid to prove to a Judge that I do not lie and this will cost these media sources dearly.

15 comments:

Steve said...

Where's the "down arrow" you talk about? You mean the History link?

I agree with what you are saying, Joe. I may go to WBOC or WMDT once a year to see if they covered a story I heard about and when I do, all of a sudden they are listed in 3rd place or so in my favorites and it stays there for months! What a scam.

Anonymous said...

Why wait ? Do it now ! Sue the crap out of them , teach them a lesson , this crap has to stop. I've been reading your news since 2007 or maybe even 2006. I can't remember exactly , but it is the only true news that I trust.

Anonymous said...

The local media is the same as the MSM , all they say are scrips and they really don't know what they have said 10 minutes after . Mere puppets of society with nothing but a voice . So sad , trying to influence the young
and foolish. Hell I'm 75 and just realized these idiots don't know what they are saying and don't believe what they have said.

Anonymous said...

You da man Joe and the numbers show where WE go for our true news her on the shore - SBYNEWS!

The others can eat outdated cake!!!!!

Anonymous said...

WBOC 2 items worthy of mentioning - the OC cam (to bad a ding dong is at the switch) and our man DAN.

WMDT...well...nothing worthy.

In a TV competition, WRDE beats them both.

SBYNEWS is our news leader!

Anonymous said...

8 years of Obama taught a lot of people to lie. Just look at the FBI.

Anonymous said...

Here's facts: I visit your website about 8 times a day, I visit wboc.com about once every 2 weeks. I haven't watched a single WBOC newscast this entire year so far!

Anonymous said...

Sure makes you feel good when people talk about you so much doesn't it? Instead of boosting their numbers they drag their feet and create rumors and drama...typical. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

"News". This entire place is a cesspool lush with opinions of those who never stray more than 30 miles from home.

Anonymous said...

The main stream media is all advertising revenue driven. The scariest thing with all media and the data they collect on you is not much the violation of privacy as it is a lack of respect for your thoughts, concerns and beliefs and reducing you to a drone consumer. In a way it's dehumanizing our society. Even in the election chaos they were not pitching to voters they were wrangling consumers.

Anonymous said...

9:43 So true. Most can barely read and can't spell either.

Anonymous said...

Nasty. I read this sbynews blog every day to keep in touch with what is going on in the world and Salisbury. I live in Siesta Key F. I would say that is 30miles away. I enjoy this blog.

Anonymous said...

He can't and never will because he will have to reveal the truth on how he racks up the hits. Unless he's too stupid to understand how it works which wouldn't surprise me lol. All the outside linking with his copy/paste BS registers lots of hits when people are going back and forth. Its borderline a scam especially since he passes it off to advertisers as individual people coming to the site.

Anonymous said...

Balls not big enough to publish my comment this morning about your lack of SALISBURY NEWS? Little man only publishes comments licking his ass. Stereotypical little man syndrome.

Anonymous said...

Thank You for this site.Sitting in Frederick County MD.Sort of skip your local stuff but here I can find what you have to search for with main stream outlets.Thanks Again.