Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, January 22, 2018

Well, yah. Why not?

A man from Amherst, Virginia used a flamethrower to melt away snow from his driveway, WRIC reports.

Instead of using the traditional tool, a shovel, Nathanael Caplinger wanted to explore a quicker way of dispelling the snow.

After reading an ad in a local magazine about a blowtorch purported to do a brilliant job of clearing snow, he decided to try it out..

More/video

7 comments:

milkrunner said...

I have shoveled my snow and finished it off with my torch. Keeps the last bit from turning to ice. Don't think I would ever use a torch for the whole.thing though.

Steve said...

I'm in! I'll be needing the 30 lb tank, however!

Anonymous said...


Cure can be worse than the problem.

20# Propane cylinder with proper gas hose, regulator and weed burning tip is a less dramatic and more standard approach that can melt the snow or ice in a controlled fashion. We generally don't need anything that hefty around here. But there are exceptions!

Dan said...

This is the right way to guard our boarder too, sneaking in thru a tunnel, foof! Crawling in a ditch, foof! Hiding in a truck, in a van, we burn you up! I bet in a week of cooking criminals we would have no more trying to get in.

Anonymous said...

I sure hope that Jake the Flake doesn't see this, he will ordered all residences to get one or be fined. LOL

Anonymous said...

Instant ice!

Anonymous said...

What possibly could go wrong?

BOOM!