Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Comedian Robbed at Gunpoint Shifts Views on Firearms, Wants Concealed Carry Permit

Comedian Tim Young was robbed at gunpoint in Washington, DC,on January 17 and he emerged from the incident determined to get a concealed carry permit so he does not have to feel such defenselessness again.

Young was robbed on M Street around 7:45 p.m. The suspects made off with his cell phone.

The next day he tweeted:

Details: Last night I was robbed at gunpoint by 2 men in DC by the new @TheWharfDC on the way to get coffee at @dolcezzagelato at 7:45pm.
They got my phone and tossed me around while people watched from a half block away. Then they ran off.
Thanks to @DCPoliceDept for your help.

WUSA9 reports that Young grew up in Baltimore, Maryland, and, until being robbed in D.C., never saw the need to get a gun, much less carry one. He indicated that “he’s been in some bad places in his life and nothing happened to him [in those places] … [so] he assumed things would continue to go that way.”

More

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't get a "permit(ssion slip) in Maryland to protect life, only mpney, which for their reasoning is more important than life.

Just carry anyway and protect yourself as needed. We will be on your jury, and will NEVER convict you.

Peace and love.

Anonymous said...

You absolutely can get a CCW in MD. The down side is that you must have money.

Follow 9:15's suggest and end up with a criminal record and never be able to get a CCW in any state.

If you feel so strongly that you need to carry a gun, move to a shall issue state or start a business that you can show that you have cash income or deal in valuables such as jewelry/watches/coins.

Anonymous said...

Agree. Its a big NOT GUILTY from me.

Anonymous said...

9:32
Md CCW laws are sick , I would rather carry than be shot or killed , I'm 75 and live in Md. I've been carrying for 50 years and will continue. I've only had to show my pistol 1 time , word gets around , having said that I did have to shot a pit bull who attack me as I was jogging recently . My advice is carry when you want , it's your right as an American.(did not kill the dog , front leg wound)(I love my animal friends)

Anonymous said...

D.C. is now right to carry and is a shall issue area. They don't go by Maryland laws.

Anonymous said...

6:06 Good for you. At 75, you won't have too many years in prison before you die.

Anonymous said...

Funny how our Maryland legislators have CC permits, while the deny the citizens the right to one. They (all) disgust me, and endanger our lives with their pro-gun control stance.

Anonymous said...

Thanks D C Police? Why thank them? They showed up AFTER the crime had been committed. So what good are they?