Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Losing Faith In Humanity? This Might Save It.

The smoke was thick – so thick, in fact, that I couldn’t see my hand in front of my face.

Someone was yelling at me … but I could barely hear him. All I could hear was the pounding of my heart and my labored breathing. And the sounds of the flames.

The fire was just one room away … I could hear it crackling and popping.

They told me after that the temperatures were in excess of one thousand degrees. But I couldn’t process the heat. All I could think about was staying alive.

I was desperately feeling around for an exit. I was blind. I wanted OUT.

Then I felt a hand on my shoulder and I heard him.

“You can’t leave yet. There’s a person on the floor. We need to get them out of here.”

Still blind, I felt the floor to my right. That was definitely a foot.

More

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought that firemen would be all over this post.