Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Companies implanting Microchips into Workers

The syringe slides in between the thumb and index finger. Then, with a click, a microchip is injected in the employee's hand. Another “cyborg” is created.

What could pass for a dystopian vision of the workplace is almost routine at the Swedish start-up hub Epicenter. The company offers to implant its workers and start-up members with microchips the size of grains of rice that function as swipe cards: to open doors, operate printers or buy smoothies with a wave of the hand.

“The biggest benefit, I think, is convenience,” said Patrick Mesterton, co-founder and chief executive of Epicenter. As a demonstration, he unlocks a door merely by waving near it. “It basically replaces a lot of things you have, other communication devices, whether it be credit cards or keys.”

The technology itself is not new: Such chips are used as virtual collar plates for pets, and companies use them to track deliveries. But never before has the technology been used to tag employees on a broad scale. Epicenter and a handful of other companies are the first to make chip implants broadly available.

More

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not fooled by this for one second... Call it the mark of the beast or not, but this is not convenient... What happens if you get a defective chip? What happens if your chip is magnetically wiped? Can these be hacked or wiped remotely or changed? The answer is yes to all of those, but you all will want if because it is a new fab... Once cash is gone, good luck to you all...

And don't forget the chips that have cyanide in them, and crack, opens up with a hard hit to the hand or remotely, yep it is possible and a reality as much as you might not want to think it or believe it...

You people are just plain fools... Anything to make you lazy...

Anonymous said...

The next model wires directly into the skull and allows you to work 12 hours a day in a dirty factory but think that you were laying on the beach all day.

Anonymous said...

Leave it to our friends in Sweden! Tic Toc, do you know where Ingrid is????

USA says NO THANK YOU!

Anonymous said...

It's not that big of a deal to use a key card I'll forgo the microchip.

Anonymous said...

I say no way. I am sure it has GPS also!!

Anonymous said...

I have a swipe card I must keep with me to get in and out of the building. I need my job, but would never allow myself to get chipped. I won't even get a tattoo! The body is a temple and this is mutation! I have someone who used to work as Phlebotomist at PRMC. They forced everyone to get a flu shot or get fired. She refused to do this, and quit. I know this is coming, and will be only a matter of time. We must fight this tooth and nail so this doesn't become law! This is the mark of the beast!

Anonymous said...

Trumps made quite the dystopian future by allowing all of your online activity to be bought and sold to the highest bidder

Anonymous said...

Please allow me to introduce myself I'm a man of wealth and taste.I've been around for a long, long year.Stole many a man's soul to waste And I was 'round when Jesus Christ Had his moment of doubt and pain Made damn sure that Pilate Washed his hands and sealed his fate.Pleased to meet you! Hope you guess my name! But what's puzzling you Is the nature of my game!

Wow scary and sad since most are asleep

Revelation 13:17 “And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.”

Some will trample you to get their stamps.

Anonymous said...

CHIP ALL Snowflakes this way when we go to war we can track them cowards down.

Anonymous said...

BS this was done by obama where was ur bitching then Snowflake ?

Anonymous said...

Mark of the beast, 666 marking. Hand. Forehead.

Anonymous said...

This was Obama's idea along with Hillary to enslave us all

Anonymous said...

If you are a career criminal you should be micro chipped