Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, March 02, 2017

Maxine Waters: I Don’t Choose to Honor President Trump at Joint Address

Tuesday on MSNBC Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) said she would not be attending President Donald Trump’s address to a joint session of Congress because she explained, “I don’t choose to honor him.”

Waters said, “This is ceremonial. And in this ceremony people lie. They smile. They shake hands. They hug each other. They honor the president. I’m not about any of that. I’m prepared to interact with the president only when he puts up his budget and his agenda that I’m going to have to fight.."

"I won’t be a part of the ceremony. And that’s that.”

More

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woman is just so irrelevant....AND it is not because she is an AA woman! It is because she talks

Anonymous said...

As an elected official in our Gov't, the office of POTUS deserves and demands respect in this type setting. All she did was make an ass of herself...again.

Anonymous said...

I am sure that Trump was heartbroken when he was given this news.

Anonymous said...

I am sure that is OK with President Trump. The feeling is probably mutual.

Rebel Without a Clue said...

No great lose. Please keep it up and if you're lucky, those idiotic constituents of yours will re-elect you. Hopefully you are not that lucky.

Anonymous said...

she has obviously mistaken us for someone who cares. thanks sjd

Anonymous said...

Trump didn't miss her!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like she's talking from experience.

Anonymous said...

She did chose. She chose NOT to honor him and AND the office of the President.

Obama Crooked Bastardo said...

This is the same woman who argued the Weather Chanel being bias against blacks by giving the hurricanes white people's names. How do these Idiotic career politicians get elected, California?
Watch out, Hurricane Shan'iqua is coming !!!

Anonymous said...

Based on the way the "white coats" acted, she took the high road.

Anonymous said...

The lunatic is in my head.
The lunatic is in my head
You raise the blade, you make the change
You re-arrange me 'til I'm sane.
You lock the door
And throw away the key
There's someone in my head but it's not me.

Anonymous said...

She should be fired, and her pension/healthcare/entitlements removed.

Anonymous said...

Waters needs to be Waterboarded.

Anonymous said...

just another AA milking the system.

Anonymous said...

I really wish cali would secede.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Based on the way the "white coats" acted, she took the high road.

March 2, 2017 at 2:23 PM

the women were wearing white in support of women's suffrage.

Anonymous said...


One of Congress' versions of Crazy Cat Lady!

She doesn't own the franchise; there are quite a few others.

But she's certainly first among equals in the Crazy Cat Lady rankings.