Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, December 15, 2016

What Most Parents Want For Christmas

My children each year ask me the same question. After thinking about it, I decided I’d give them my real answer:

What do I want for Christmas? I want you. I want you to keep coming around, I want you to bring your kids around, I want you to ask me questions, ask my advice, tell me your problems, ask for my opinion, ask for my help. I want you to come over and rant about your problems, rant about life, whatever. Tell me about your job, your worries, your spouse, your kids, you…r fur babies. I want you to continue sharing your life with me. Come over and laugh with me, or laugh at me, I don’t care. Hearing you laugh is music to me.

I spent the better part of my life raising you the best way i knew how, and I’m not bragging, but i did a pretty darn good job. Now, give me time to sit back and admire my work, I’m pretty proud of it.

Raid my refrigerator, help yourself, I really don’t mind. In fact, I wouldn’t want it any other way.

I want you to spend your money making a better life for you and your family, I have the things I need. I want to see you happy and healthy. When you ask me what I want for Christmas, I say “nothing” because you’ve already been giving me my gift all year. I want you.
Source

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This brought tears to my eyes. I am a 62 year old father, and all I ever need, hope for,wish and want is written here. I dare say every day of my life, I am the luckiest man in the world.

Anonymous said...

Could not agree more.

Anonymous said...

Good health. It is priceless.