Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Tiny homes a growing trend in Maryland, nation

There's part of a growing movement of people who want to downsize to a lifestyle that fits into less than 400 square feet.

They want to live in tiny houses.

This includes one woman who is challenging local laws so she can make her dream home a reality.

Liza Rowe is part of the tiny house movement.

"People are fascinated by them,” Rowe said. “Usually entertaining the idea, ‘Would I be able to do that?’ Some people are, ‘Maybe I could do that.’ I'm one of those people.”

More

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good to me. As inexpensive as they are, you could build three or four of them in nice places and follow the weather.

Anonymous said...

Dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Anonymous said...

The tax man doesn't like them...

Anonymous said...

Will thee be downsizing again.

Anonymous said...

I lived in a tiny house many years ago. It was called a trailer back then.

Anonymous said...

Tax Man HATES them!

Anonymous said...

If maryland cant tax you...they will fine you..as long as they pass minimal code standards why not...a lot of parents who have college students would rather have them in a backyard tiny house then messing up thiers.

Anonymous said...

Most of these have a sleeping arrangement in the loft accessed by a ladder. Old people....I think NOT.

Anonymous said...

You can buy a double wide
For same price if not cheaper and get 2x the space...my sisters house is bigger then mine and her mortgage is half of mine .:. stupid unless you are on the go and want to take your house With you .. then there is always RVs

Unknown said...

Bank and pay your bills by internet and you can live wherever you want.

Anonymous said...

So stupid.

Anonymous said...

I'd rather have a camper and go where I want...Tax man will raise property tax if you down size to a doll house.