Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

A Viewer Writes: Traffic Signal Malfunctioning

Joe

The traffic signal at US 13 and Connelly Mill Rd is not cycling properly. If you are waiting to make a left onto US 13 N or to cross US13 to the Subaru dealership, the signal just does not always cycle. I have seen this happen a number of times. I reported it to the SHA and they "repaired" it once. But it is still malfunctioning. They sent a repairman today to check it and it functioned properly, so as far as they are concerned, it is fixed.

I have seen dump-trucks driving across the intersection against red lights, and this is an accident waiting to happen. If others have experienced this light not cycling, please contact
ERodenhizer@sha.state.md.us

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

After 11pm I have noticed the light at US13N right at the state line will fail to turn green after turning red. I've sat there for 6 or 7 minutes on a red light before finally just going. It's happened at 11:30pm, 2am, 3am, etc.

Anonymous said...

I live in ponds edge and have had the same problem 4 times in the last week. Had to run the light every time. Wasn't too bad for me in an rub, but the log trucks had a problem doing it.

Anonymous said...

I had that same problem there a couple of days ago. I was sitting at the light behind a dump truck going to make a left and be heading for Delmar when I thought, "Hold on a minute, that light skipped us. Then I thought maybe I had imagined it. Everyone else went through their cycle again and again our light did nothing. I didn't sit there for the third cycle. Jumped back out on 13 headed toward Salisbury and made a u-turn and when I went by the light headed north the dump truck was still sitting there.