Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Police: Suspect hung out of car window, fired multiple rounds at cruiser near Capitol

WASHINGTON (ABC7) — "We heard a bang so we were like what' going on?," says Brittany Wynn.

Chaos erupted on Capitol Hill Tuesday afternoon as a wild police pursuit ended with a crashed car, guns drawn and suspects collared. And much of it was captured on camera by witness Nelson Benitez.

Benitez says, "I was just shocked. I couldn't believe this was happening in front of my building, all these guns drawn out."

Tuesday afternoon police responded to 4th and P Streets in Southwest DC for reports of a man with a gun who jumped into this car with 2 other men. Chief Cathy Lanier says officers chased the silver car at a high rate of speed and just before entering the 3rd Street Tunnel a passenger hung out a window and fired multiple rounds at the pursuing cruiser.

More

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not possible guns are illegal in DC. Unless you work for the gov't.

Anonymous said...

While there were at least 16 cops in that picture if not more, all one has to do now is call in a threat somewhere and all the cops who have to show force will show up 20 or 30 deep and then criminals can run free to rob or steal as they like... Because they need 30 cops to take down one man!!!!

I don't know what that shows, either the cops are scared clowns who need 30 of them to help take down one guy, or they have nothing to do so all the cops show up to each call... But as most of those in favor of cops would say, while watching a video of cops beat on someone, it is impossible to have five or six cops attacking one person, they just can't fit or not enough room, well I see six cops on top of this one guy in this pic, so CLEARLY you CAN have six cops beat on one person...

Anonymous said...

10:02 AM but criminal follow the law!!!! That is why we need all of this gun legislation!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that no one is dead.

Rebel Without a Clue said...

I really wish that some (if not all) of you would start using proper grammar and punctuation. It would help many readers follow your thought processes much easier.

Anonymous said...

NQU I think they got their thoughts across. That being said I would start getting a little disturbed if I saw something written like: Let me ax you something, or, No he did-ent! I am starting to hear that kind of thing on TV news reports, especially local ones.

Anonymous said...

10:57 I guess they should have hugged him you libatrd. You ride around in our Nations Capitol popping off rounds at any one or any thing you are an enemy of the State. I don't care if these idiots are white,black red, or yellow. Some things just can not and should not be allowed. I am guessing young black males. Their lives now ruined over bull shit spewed by the racist few. People like you should educate yourself on the facts.

I have a devout racist family member. In speaking with him I asked you are only 28 why are you so racist. His response resonates strongly with me these days. He said don't blame me I wasn't even there. He stated blacks have been calling us out way to long. I am sick of them. The lies and all the blame. I told him that was a minute segment of their society. He said it is all I ever hear. So I guess I have my beliefs and you have yours. I really had no answers if that is what the man feels. People like you lumping all cops all whites etc. into one size fits all is why America is so screwed up.

Don't blame me I wasn't even there. Think about it.