Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Donald Trump prepared to go it alone if GOP won't get on board

GOP leaders have yet to abandon Donald Trump, but the presumptive Republican presidential nominee said this week he’s ready to kick them to the curb and go it alone against Hillary Clinton if they don’t man up.

In some of his most dismissive comments yet, Mr. Trump said other Republicans need to either get behind him or “just be quiet” — adding to the increasing heartburn among Republicans, particularly those on Capitol Hill whose electoral fortunes are tied to the erratic billionaire.

“You can’t make this up sometimes,” House Speaker Paul D. Ryan said at a press briefing Thursday on Capitol Hill.

Mr. Trump’s admonition came after several weeks of chiding from fellow Republicans who decried his proposal for a temporary ban on Muslims entering the U.S., and who said his attacks on a federal judge’s ethnicity were unbecoming. Mr. Ryan had called it “the textbook definition of a racist comment.”

“The Republicans, honestly, folks, our leaders, our leaders have to get tougher. This is too tough to do it alone. But you know what? I think I’m going to be forced to. I think I’m going to be forced to,” Mr. Trump said on Wednesday.

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is anyone surprised by this? Trump is so very far ahead of his time that these dolts don't understand his vision for America.I don't hold it against them because of their limitations.I personally have had people present their visions of success to me,after which I thought they were nuts.THEN I found out that they achieved success and I of course felt foolish.Not electing Trump will cost us our last best chance.

Anonymous said...

I'm voting for Trump whatever way things go. A vote for Trump is a vote for our Constitution and Country.

Anonymous said...

Not in MD. Your vote does not count. Get smart and educate yourself. The electoral college in MD always goes Democrat. If you want your vote to count register to vote in another state.

Anonymous said...

I so d%$n sick of political correctness I could scream. I, for one, am so glad that someone is finally telling it like it is in this country. The Whitehouse on down has BS'ed the public long enough. Don't they think we are smarter than that? I guess not, that's why they won't get behind him. I would rather have a President tell me like it is than one who should be headed for prison for all the lies and and illegal practices she has been in for her entire life. Trump for President - Hillary for Prison.