Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Artist Patrick Henry Reflects On 50-Year Career Of Eastern Shore Painting

BERLIN — After 50 years of being one of the most respected and sought after artists on the shore, Patrick Henry says people still ask him when he’s going to get a “real job.”

It’s one of the many things these days that makes him flash that country mile-long smile that is as synonymous with his name as his striking paintings of some of the region’s most aesthetically pleasing places and things are.

“I guess some people just don’t get what it is that I do, and they wonder how I could possibly survive doing it for as long as I have here on the shore,” he said with a slight-chuckle. “Sometimes I wonder how it all happened too.”

Patrick Henry is a humble, God-fearing man. So much so, when he paints he listens to the Bible on CD. “Some days I listen to smooth jazz,” said Henry, “but listening to the Bible helps me keep out the negative energy that can get in the way of my work.”

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting a positive feature on our local African American Commutity

Anonymous said...

Awesome painter....gentle soul.