Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, April 01, 2016

Trump: Federal Government’s Top Three Functions Are Security, Healthcare, and Education

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump stated that the federal governments top three functions are security, education, and healthcare, and “housing, providing great neighborhoods” are also responsibilities of the federal government during CNN’s Republican Town Hall on Tuesday.

Trump said, in response to a question on the “top three functions of the United States government?” “Well, the greatest function of all by far, is security for our nation. I would also say healthcare, I would also say education. I mean, there are many, many things, but I would say the top three are security, security, security.”

After moderator Anderson Cooper asked, “You also say healthcare and education should be provided by the federal government?” Trump responded, “Those are two of the things. Yeah, sure. There are obviously many things, housing, providing great neighborhoods –.”

More

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Healthcare? Education? He thinks the federal government provides those things?

I was a Trump supporter up until this week. He has made absolutely stupid, uninformed answers. I was so disappointed to hear this.

I don't think he is a closet Liberal – I think he just simply doesn't honestly understand the issues

Anonymous said...

If you say that you were NEVERA Trump supporter!!! If you were you would know what he meant! !! So go on back to your Obama, Cummings and Milkusall!!!

Anonymous said...

I always thought it was security of the nation and its people, protection of our inalienable rights, and regulation of interstate and foreign commerce. I guess I have my priorities wrong.

Anonymous said...

He bashes opponents because it's clear he doesn't understand the issues that presidential candidates need to know. Or at least learn something about the purpose of the federal government for starters. Then you can surround yourself with intelligent people.

Anonymous said...

Trump 2016

Anonymous said...

Maybe, just maybe, his supporters will start to realize he is utterly unqualified to be president. 626, I actually feel sorry for you.

Anonymous said...

I'll stick with Trump.

Please evaluate the alternatives and you will agree.

THINK, people, THINK!

Anonymous said...

Right. An actual constitutional conservative with actual policies and experiences. Yet you support a blowhard liberal progressive who supports wealth taxes and universal healthcare.

Anonymous said...


And this guy in our house had experience and knowledge upon arrival,(to ruin the country)? Trump is arrogant, egotistical and has guts. He is educated enough to surround himself with qualified leaders. That is why I support and will vote "Trump".I hope he occupies the White House and throws out all occupants currently residing there.