Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

‘I Was Looking For My Daughter, Her Whole Body Was Burned’

Racheli Dadon was desperately looking for her daughter, 15-year-old Eden, after the bombing on bus number 12 in Jerusalem on Monday, "when I found her, I saw that her entire body was burned."

Police investigation found that an explosive device blew up at the back of the bus. Security forces are investigating the possibility that one of the wounded is a suicide bomber.

From her bed at the Hadassah Medical Center in Jerusalem's Ein Kerem, Racheli recounted in tears the terrifying experience.

"My daughter and I got on the number 12 bus, and my daughter went to the back to find us seats while I paid the bus driver. We hadn't even sat down when all of a sudden we heard a huge explosion, and glass began to fall on us. Everything was dark and full of smoke," she recalled.

"I collapsed. Her whole face was black and burned. It was impossible to see her," Dandon continued. "Paramedics had to carry my daughter out of the bus because she couldn't move under her own power."

After breaking down in tears, she added "I've always watched these things happen from the outside, but when it happens to you… I can't believe that I'm here and that my daughter isn't. She'll be 16 in a month, and now she's sedated and on a ventilator. I'm praying that she'll get out of this ok."

More here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

May t6he Good Lord welcome home the lost and care for the living...

Anonymous said...

I pray for the people in pain and suffering.