Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, March 05, 2016

"Historic Comments By George Chevallier" Will Continue For Years To Come

The man who took our slowest day of the week and brought it to one of the most popular days of the week, will continue.

Many have said they will miss the weekly column from George but that will not be the case. George and I decided long ago to stockpile historic articles in order to continue educating the public as to our history here on the Shore.

While we will sincerely miss George, his legacy will live on right here on Salisbury News. 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe ,
I remember this photo and I spoke with George , I think it was taken in front of the Civic Center , am I right. Wayne

Anonymous said...

That's really great Joe
Thanks really enjoy it

JoeAlbero said...

Wayne, yes it was.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the loss of your friend and colleague. How wonderful that he thought to make sure his work continues after his death.

Anonymous said...

Sure do miss Ken Holland as well. He was a very talented neon bender and good man.

Anonymous said...

You stated "long ago",but I suspect George was not feeling his best when that decision was made.For whatever reason you 2 did us all a great favor.Saturdays wouldn't be the same without it.

Anonymous said...

George and Brice Stump were and always will be my favorite contributors to the public. No one else comes close.

JoeAlbero said...

9:14, George has had health issues for the past 2 years. Man did he ever fight it too. So yes, we discussed this quite some time ago and George plugged along with articles for as long as he could. I'm glad everyone enjoys them.

Anonymous said...

Good, I'm glad you still have articles stockpiled. When I heard of his death, I thought there would be no more Saturday history lessons.

Anonymous said...

Will miss George. He was an asset to the city and area. Anyone who was lucky enough to have been show all his historical memorabilia he had collected, like I was, can appreciate how much he enjoyed collecting the local history and artifacts. He was one of a kind. Knew the history on every thing he collected.