Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, March 03, 2016

Here's Osama bin Laden's letter to the American people

Osama bin Laden's undated letter to the American people is one of 113 documents declassified by the Director of National Intelligence on Tuesday.

The letter, seized in the May 2, 2011, raid on bin Laden's Abbottabad hideout, begins: "To the American people, peace be upon those who follow the righteous track."

The document is part of a second batch translated and released by US intelligence agencies.

The first set of papers was declassified in May 2015.

In the four-page letter, bin Laden writes:

The way for change and freeing yourselves from the pressure of lobbyists is not through the Republican or the Democratic parties, but through undertaking a great revolution for freedom ... It does not only include improvement of your economic situation and ensure your security, but more importantly, helps him in making a rational decision to save humanity from the harmful [greenhouse] gases that threaten its destiny.

More

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must say a very poignant and very well written message. I makes you think....

Anonymous said...

Makes me think - Animal House! Mr. Blutarsky (aka Bluto..played by famed comedian John Belushi)


"I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man. Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer - dead!"

Bin Laden - DEAD DEAD DEAD!
Move along, nothing to think about anymore!

Anonymous said...



Anonymous said...

Yeah because the Jews are the real problem! The littlest country in the region surrounded by enemies on all sides is the problem! 10:18 what is suppose to make me think about this as you stated? Oh it was really written by Obama is what I'm thinking

March 3, 2016 at 11:24 AM




I am a supporter of Isreal and do not agree with the jewish hatred, but the key points about our government starting wars and continuing them at massive cost to the taxpayers expense with no chance of a real victory is what makes me think. I am a very strong conservative.
Money buys our elections and elected officials. Some of what he wrote was unfortunately the truth.

Anonymous said...

I am not even going to waste my time 'reading what he wrote.'

Anonymous said...

bin Laden, my hero! Thanks for publishing his intelligent writings.