Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Clinton: Public distrust 'painful'

Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton admitted that it is "painful" to see polling showing that low percentages of Americans view her as honest and trustworthy.

"I am not a natural politician, in case you haven't noticed, unlike my husband or President Obama. I have to do the best that I can," Clinton said during Wednesday's Univision/CNN Democratic debate in Miami.

"It's painful for me to hear that, and I do take responsibility. When you are in public life, even if you believe it's an opinion that you think is not fair or founded, you do have to take responsibility."

The question came in response to a new Washington Post poll that found just 37 percent of Americans view Clinton as honest and trustworthy.

She argued that she's committed herself to helping people in order to "demonstrate by my past actions and present level of commitment and plans that people can count on me."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is truly out of her mind!!!

Anonymous said...

She really doesn't give a damn what you think. This woman has some serious mental problems.

Anonymous said...

I don't know about her being a natural politician but she's a natural liar and I really think that's what most politicians are, so.......