Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Governor Hogan Closes I-70 and I-270 to Safely Clear the Interstates of Snow


Governor Hogan Closes I-70 and I-270 to Safely Clear the Interstates of Snow
Motorists Encouraged to Stay Off All Roads

ANNAPOLIS, MD - Governor Larry Hogan this evening has ordered the immediate closure of the entire 34.7-mile length of I-270 and I-70 from I-81 in Washington County to the Baltimore Beltway. The highways will remain closed until 7 a.m. on Sunday to all motorists except for emergency personnel. The closures follow snow related traffic incidents involving several tractor trailers and other vehicles on both interstates.

“As the state continues to fiercely fight Snow Storm Jonas, I want the citizens of Maryland to know that the state is taking every step necessary to ensure their safety,” said Governor Hogan. “Closing I-70and I-270 will give us the time needed to deploy all our resources to clear these essential interstates as quickly as possible as we prepare to get our transportation network back up and running. I am urging all Marylanders to stay off every road in the state, whether it’s the interstate or a local road. Stay safe and stay at home while crews do their jobs.”

“Please stay home where you are safe and give us the time and space to our jobs,” said Maryland transportation Secretary Pete K. Rahn. “We can clear snow and ice on an empty highway much faster than one littered with cars and tractor trailers.”

No comments: