Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Muhammad Ali Fires a Few Jabs at Donald Trump’s Proposal to Ban Muslims From Entering U.S.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Boxing legend Muhammad Ali on Wednesday criticized Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump’s proposal to ban Muslims from entering the United States, calling on Muslims “to stand up to those who use Islam to advance their own personal agenda.”

Ali, one of the most famous Muslims in the world, issued a statement saying, “True Muslims know that the ruthless violence of so called Islamic Jihadists goes against the very tenets of our religion.”

He added, “I believe that our political leaders should use their position to bring understanding about the religion of Islam and clarify that these misguided murderers have perverted people’s views on what Islam really is.”

Ali’s statement Wednesday, first reported by NBC News, did not identify Trump by name but was directed at “presidential candidates proposing to ban Muslim immigration to the United States.”

More

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trump didn't say you had to leave Cassius Clay, he said we need to stop any more Muslims from coming here. Oh, B.T.W. It is Federal law now that potential immigrants should be vetted BY RELIGION.

Forget all that though. Islam is not a religion, it is a political ideology that has no place in this country.

Anonymous said...

Remember when Ali was drafted into the military his name was Cassius Clay. He changed is religious affiliation to Muslim so that he would not have to join the military. In my opinion, who really gives a rats ass of what this almost brain dead man is saying. How does this make news when the man can't even talk.

Anonymous said...

Ali's motor might still be running, but there is definitely nobody behind the wheel. I saw him just 2 months ago.

Anonymous said...

Say what you want about the poor persecuted Muslims but I will tell you this. I was a Salvation Army bell ringer at Walmart today. In one hour 57 people that were clearly of Arab decent came by the Kettle. NOT ONE put a dime in. I had over 45 people make contributions during that hour. A total of 328 people came by during that hour. Arabs/Muslims come to this country with their hand out and never give back and wonder why we hate them? Give me a freakin' break!!

Anonymous said...

I don't believe he was able to make that statement. His mental abilities are far less than what it takes to think up and word that statement

Anonymous said...

5:52 I used to ring as well at Wall Mart North grocery. Last year I experienced the same attitude. I'm a white male Veteran of 70 years old and when I ring the bell I do it for all Americans. I'm not ever going to ring again unless I can obtain a carry permit. Honestly, these people actually smell bad. And most of the ones going there are Muslim women because their husbands are in training camps. And I still religiously support the Salvation Army and all they do. Now, I just do it with a monetary donation.

Anonymous said...

The last time this has been was seen he was drooling and needed someone to wipe his ass for him. Now he can talk?

Anonymous said...

They let the women drive themselves to the grocery store?

Anonymous said...

Wow! The ignorance! I will pray for you!

Anonymous said...

Hey I don't see you condemning the Muslims who blew up boston or shot up san bernadino. that would be a start

Anonymous said...

8:18
Boston and San Bernardino were false flag attacks in order to advance Israel's agenda of extermination of all Muslim people.

The only terrorists are in Washington DC

Anonymous said...

11:51 and how is this bad?

I only see good with the elimination of the world's Muslims.

Anonymous said...

Amen