Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

This Woman's Depression Tattoo Is Going Viral For The Best Reason

Talk about making a statement.

After being diagnosed with depression last year, 20-year-old student Bekah Miles decided to get a tattoo that accurately captured her battle with the disorder. She posted a picture of the tattoo on Facebook along with a few words about her personal experience. The image reads "I'm fine" to most, but from Miles' perspective, the tattoo says "save me." The artwork -- and Miles' accompanying post -- is an honest insight into what it really means to suffer from depression.

"Today, I am coming out with something that only few of you know. I am ready to have a conversation about my mental illness," she wrote. "To me, depression is the days that I feel sad for no reason. Depression is the mornings that I don’t feel capable of getting out of bed. ... Depression is the tears I have because I don’t know why I feel so worthless, when I know I should feel happy."

More

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this new trend. This and the comma thing. Let's me know to stay away from these crazy women! Warning labels and what not!

Anonymous said...

A lot of seriously fat women are getting tattoo's these days.Maybe they should spend the money on a personal trainer?

Anonymous said...

The above comments are from insensitive jerks! This subject is about Depression ! If it was a child that had posted a picture and a remark about bullying, what smart ass comment would you have to say then? Sorry kid ...u deserve to be treated that way. Morons!

Anonymous said...

How is a trashy tattoo going to help depression?

Anonymous said...

Doesn't Leviticus say that tattoos are forbidden?

Anonymous said...

Not certain about leviticus, but mom says no tats!

Anonymous said...

My grandpa had a depressing tat, it was his number from a death camp.