Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Photo of military moms breastfeeding in uniform goes viral

Former Air Force servicemember Tara Ruby says when she was active duty, "support for breastfeeding moms wasn't even an option to consider," according to her Facebook post.

The photographer, who was excited to hear about a nursing room in the headquarters of Fort Bliss in El Paso, Texas, said she'd lend her services to donate photos to brighten up the room, according to CNN. Ruby previously served in the Air Force from 1997 to 2001.

"To my knowledge a group photo to show support of active duty military mommies nursing their little's has never been done. It is so nice to see support for this here at Fort Bliss," she said on Facebook.

A photo of a group of active duty military moms breastfeeding in uniforms has gone viral with over 8,000 shares on Facebook.

"Breastfeeding their babies doesn't make them less of a soldier, I believe it makes them a better one. Juggling the tasks and expectations of a soldier, plus providing for their own in the best way they possibly can, makes these ladies even stronger for it."

More

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obama babies,what a joke.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry but military woman have been doing this for years. But anything too disgrace the uniform.

Anonymous said...

"The report did not find a direct link between full-blown diabetes and smoking marijuana.
The research flies in the face of previous studies which had shown cannabis could actually reduce the risk of developing diabetes."

So read the first sentence and then read the second sentence. Research can be made to show whatever the person paying for the research wants it to show. We can't trust any of it.

what I do know is #1 nobody has died because of weed. The drug is as safe or safer than water.

Anonymous said...

Funny how none of them want their face shown....

Anonymous said...

My wife has and currently is breastfeeding our kids so I see boobs way more often than I really care to see anymore. Guys, don't get me wrong, I love boobs, but after they are used for what they are intended, you don't really look at them the same anymore... So clearly I have no problems with breast feeding, but I am 100% against any photo of women breast feeding in uniform. My wife always finds a private secluded place to breast feed so as to not offend others and to maintain her privacy. Her employer offers her a private place to pump at work per the law. The law DOES NOT state that she can breast feed where ever she would like at work. It states that a employer must provided a private place other than a rest room for breast feeding and pumping. The military is an employer and I do believe that they too should provide such convenience; however, I firmly believe that they should prohibit such open breastfeeding and flagrant disrespect for our uniformed soldiers. I also believe that soldiers must be ready for work at any moment and since war does not allow "timeouts" for breastfeeding while there are bullets flying over your head then women should maintain positions in the military or acquire leave if they must breastfeed.

Call me a sexist pig, that's fine. But like I said earlier, I have no problem with breast feeding and it currently runs much of my daily life around the house; however, I firmly support the image and status of our military. Photo's like this do not enhance that. PERIOD! In a world where anybody who is offended gets their way, I would like to step up to the plate and say that this image truly offends me.