Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Police identify two dead in I-70 crash in Hancock; eastbound lanes reopened


HANCOCK — Two men died and a woman was injured early Tuesday when a car traveling the wrong way on Interstate 70 collided with a tractor-trailer, according to Maryland State Police.

James L. Benge Jr., 22, of Fruitland, Md., and Mohamud S. Ali, 35, of Eagen, Minn., were pronounced dead at the scene of the crash, police said in a news release. 

Ali was driving a 2011 Freightliner tractor and pulling a 2016 Vanguard trailer loaded with grapes.

Benge was a passenger in a 2007 Kia Rio that was driven by his mother, Kim Benge, 57, also of Fruitland. She was taken to Meritus Medical Center then transferred to Shock Trauma in Baltimore.

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been on I-70 many many times... How in the heck can you go the wrong way down I-70... near impossible...

Anonymous said...

3:55

Its real easy if you use the off ramp as an on ramp. That's how it happens most of the time.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I have been on I-70 many many times... How in the heck can you go the wrong way down I-70... near impossible...

August 4, 2015 at 3:55 PM

look at the map. quite possible, as with everywhere else it happens. super driver