Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, August 07, 2015

In Maryland, 1 out of every 5 home sales is distressed

The percentage of distressed sales of residential properties in Maryland continues to be well above the national average, accounting for 20.3 percent of all sales in May, according to CoreLogic Inc.

Only Michigan and Florida have a higher share of distressed sales.

Distressed sales are defined as properties either owned by the lender through foreclosure or short sales by owners facing foreclosure.

Nationally, CoreLogic says distressed sales fell to 9.9 percent in May, down 2.8 percent from a year ago. The share of bank-owned property sales was 6.4 percent, the lowest since October 2007.

More

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This must be the reason there are so many homes in the area that are boarded up and overgrown by weeds. So sad. We have poor and homeless sleeping in the streets and empty homes boarded over with people going hungry. This country is morally bankrupt. We are the laughing stock of the world.

Anonymous said...

I am so relieved that I am not trying to sell a home in this economy.

Anonymous said...

You never know what tomorrow brings. I said the same thing last year then lost my job of 20 years. Now I'm trying to sell my house to relocate for work. I will be forced to rent it.

Anonymous said...

The U.S. Has changed in the past 20 years to a safe haven for the most feared criminals. And we spend billions to vote them in every 4 years.

Anonymous said...

Your lucky.

Anonymous said...

I was going to let the bank foreclose on my home, the landlord that rents out the house next to mine wants to buy it. After 23 years of mortgage payments I won't make much off of it if anything but will get me out from under bankruptcy and out of Salisbury. I've been gone from that house three months now and ain't lookin' back. At least this guy is a decent landlord, I've always had is cell phone # to contact him if anything fishy was going on in that house and have called him and he answers. He also told me the reason he wants to buy mine so he can control who lives in it, to help secure his investment in the house rental next door. He's definitely not one of our local slumlords, he owns about a dozen rentals as an investment for his retirement.

Anonymous said...

Not everyone who is a former homeowner is homeless.

Not everyone who is homeless is a former homeowner.

Not every homeless person deserves to be homeless.

Not every homeowner deserves to be a homeowner.

Not every homeless person deserves to be a homeowner.

Anonymous said...

11:21 What the f. And your point is?????

Anonymous said...

1:47

I thought it was very clear don't you get it.