Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Treasury says woman will be picked for $10 bill

WASHINGTON (AP) — Alexander Hamilton, who has been featured on the $10 bill since 1929, is making way for a woman.

Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew is to officially announce Thursday that a redesign of the $10 will feature the first woman on the nation’s paper money in more than a century. The plan is to decide which woman sometime this summer.

The bill will have new security features to make it harder to counterfeit and will be unveiled in 2020, the 100th anniversary of the passage of the 19th Amendment giving women the right to vote. The date it will be put into circulation will be announced later.

More

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

jenner?!!

Anonymous said...

WTF. Let's just change everything for the libtards. My guess is that it will be Caitlyn Jenner

Anonymous said...

Since Hillary will be our president then, I suspect her picture will grace the $10 bill!! God help us!

Anonymous said...

I vote Monica Lewinsky

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't mind if they chose Pocahontas, she was cool. But the kenyan king would not allow that, no, he wants an african on our money, and what the king wants the king gets.

Anonymous said...

Whoopi Goldberg she is distinguished by being the ugliest person on the face of the planet

Anonymous said...

I guarantee it will be Harriett Tubman or Rosa Parks!

Anonymous said...

I'll take two "Fives". To hell with the Ten.

Anonymous said...

I agree. I won't take that ten. Two fives ,ten ones , all quarters. Idc!

Anonymous said...

i,ll go with either ann coulter,sara palin or laura inghram,that will keep all you conservatives happy.

Anonymous said...

Judge Judy!!

Anonymous said...

Rachel

Anonymous said...

12:17
I think you might be right.

Anonymous said...

if its hillary, the bill would have to be bigger to get her jowls on it

Anonymous said...

I want Kate Upton. Oh, and she would be great on the 10 too!!

Anonymous said...

So how much is this costing us poor taxpayers? The stupidity of this government is astounding.

Anonymous said...

oh for GOD'S sake. DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE FOR A CHANGE OF PACE!

Anonymous said...

AMEN, 6:44!

Anonymous said...

She will be black and some sort of activist liberal, conservativism is not a desirable trait in these times of me,me,me.

Anonymous said...

"Much ado about nothing"

Anonymous said...

Oprah.