Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, June 19, 2015

Baltimore Woman Launches Campaign After Neighbor Says Yard Is ‘Relentlessly Gay’

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — A Maryland woman has launched a fundraising campaign after an Overlea, Md. neighbor left a hateful message on her front door.

A friend of the Maryland homeowner, Maeve Brigid, created a post on the ordeal stating her friend made rainbow-colored solar lamps for her garden hoping to bring cheer, but instead she got an hateful note, calling her yard “relentlessly gay.”

The message reads:
“Dear Resident of 4900 Kenwood Avenue,

Your yard is becoming Relentlessly Gay!

Myself and Others in the neighborhood ask that you Tone It Down. This is a Christian area and there are Children. Keep it up and I will be Forced to call the Police on You. Your Kind need to have respect for GOD.

A Concerned Home Owner.”
More

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats why people need to mind their own damn business

Anonymous said...

If They are gay so What. If They are Happy leave them alone.

Anonymous said...

I'm quite sure they wrote the note themselves.

Anonymous said...

Key words: launched a fundraising campaign. I'll bet money this "note" was self-created so they can cry discrimination.

Anonymous said...

Well I don't see to much in this pic. Of course she took the pic and may have not shown a yard full rainbow everything. Who knows. I know I understand how the neighbors feel. Had a neighbor who was way over the top. Flags banners signs rainbow stepping stones to the door even his deck was rainbow. To top it off he wore Daisey dukea and half shirts while be frolicked in the yard with his friends. Well my kids aren't stupid and asked at a young age why? About everything! The paint and flags and his shorts like mommy's and ultimately his behavior with his friends. It pissed me off real bad. I bad a talk with him and he was understanding. And he did tone it tone. But I could tell he was happy until that day. He didn't seem like himself and after a year sold his home. I felt really bad and a couple years later was able to tell him when I ran across him again. He moved not because I asked him to. Or I got in his ass. He moved because he was so embarrassed that kids saw his behavior and he didn't want to push his life style. Gay or not he was a good neighbor and to this day I wish he stayed. The ghetto relocation team helped a family get his house next door. Choose your battles folks.

Anonymous said...

I call BS I think someone is full of $hi+

Anonymous said...

Homosexual agitators.

Anonymous said...

This was a widow with four children, not a gay couple.

From the article, it doesn't appear her home was festooned with rainbows and gay pride banners, although it would certainly be her right to do so. She made a Martha Stewart style outdoor light project and the neighbor assumed that meant she was gay.

Her neighbor needs to mind her own business, if this is true.

That said, I agree...there's some BS upwind...

Anonymous said...

This should start with once up a time.

Anonymous said...

Think you mean upon at time and I agree

Anonymous said...

It's her own property to decorate however she wants. She pays the taxes on it, not her nosy neighbors. Leave her alone.