Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, May 15, 2015

ELDERLY CANCER PATIENT CALLS 911 BECAUSE HE HAS NO FOOD

When 81-year-old Clarence Blackmon returned home Tuesday after spending months in the hospital for cancer treatments and rehab, his refrigerator was empty.

He had nothing to eat and no way to get to the store. Hungry and desperate, he called 911. He asked the operator if someone could go to the store for him and buy some groceries.

He told the operator whatever she could do would help.

"I can't do anything. I can't go anywhere. I can't get out of my damn chair," Blackmon said in his 911 call.

More



An update to this story can be found HERE

2 comments:

LadyLiddy said...

I read this story yesterday and wanted to get in my car and go get this man and bring him home. He needs a family to care for him.

Anonymous said...

Is that you Liddy from Mac ?