Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, May 03, 2015

Carson: ‘I’m announcing my candidacy for president’

Ben Carson told a Cincinnati television station in an interview broadcast late Sunday that he’s announcing his candidacy for the 2016 White House race.

“I’m willing to be part of the equation and therefore, I’m announcing my candidacy for president of the United States of America,” Carson said in an interview with WKRC.

“Many people have suggested to me that I should run for president, even though I’m not a politician,” the Republican added.

“I began to ask myself 'why are people clamoring for me to do this?' I represented a lot of the same thoughts that they have,” Carson told the station. “I’m not 100 percent sure ‘politics as usual’ is going to save us.”

Carson is expected to formally launch his campaign on Monday from his hometown of Detroit.

More

10 comments:

Steve said...

Thank God! Now, we need everyone who believes that there is a God to vote for him. Nothing bad could happen after that, unless Democrats take back the Houses.

Anonymous said...

Lol, more of the same. The House and the Senate submit the bills, the president only signs or vetoes. Nothing will change until we change the house and senate.

Anonymous said...

I'm an atheist, and he has my vote.

Hillary for Prison 2016 said...

Love Dr.Carson...

Anonymous said...

Good man but no chance.

Anonymous said...

I would love to see him win it, but he hasn't been tested and I don't like candidates that haven't served office. I do think he would make a better running mate for Vice President. Two other Republicans are putting their hats in the ring this week also.

Anonymous said...

7:09-It should be noted that when Dr Carson was chosen to head the Pediatric Neurosurgery Dept at Johns Hopkins there was no such thing anywhere. He was able to put together a team which resulted in the Dept becoming not only world renowned but the example to other such dept's being created in other hospitals.
It's not so much political experience that is valuable because when you get right down to it all political experience means is you know how to spin the situation toward which way the wind is blowing.
Dr Carson is the definition of a real leader. He has proven that he knows how to put together a top notch team.

Anonymous said...

Great man.

Anonymous said...

8:14 I agree! Dr. Carson is a true leader and would be a valuable asset to our nation! He has the skills to conquer any situation in a calm and courageous manner.

Anonymous said...

We need more non-politicians running and winning...

But, sadly, as we saw in Salisbury, the good people like that get eaten alive by the machine politicos.