Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Code proposal would revamp display rules on Boardwalk

Boardwalk merchants could need to be a little more judicious with their spread of merchandise as the Ocean City Planning and Zoning Commission considers a revamp of retail display regulations.

The commission last week fielded a number of Boardwalk-related code revisions, which were recommended by the Boardwalk Development Committee, a sub-group of the Ocean City Development Corporation.

Among the proposed changes would be a revision to the calculation used for outdoor display areas on the boards north of Third Street, where setback areas between buildings and the boards are used to show merchandise.

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I had a Boardwalk shop I would display whatever the heck I wanted and if the town cited me I would tell them that until they cracked down on the "performers" selling products and services I am invoking my 1st amendment rights and doing whatever I want and call ing it "expression". Yeah that is one sentence grammar cop!

Anonymous said...

As long as they don't mess with the "Boardwalk Pole Dancer" it is all good!

Anonymous said...

This is good.
We own Boardwalk properties.
10 (+) years ago, P&Z was pretty strict about displays etc.
Then, in the last few years, it has become very lax.
Hopefully this will help take back some control on the Boardwalk.
As well, create a presence and an expectation,
that rules will be enforced.
It might ultimately create more control over the 'performers' too.
Altho, I think the city intends to 'herd' them further down the BWalk and have them 'perform' in one area.