Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

10 Classic American Muscle Cars

Ah yes, Detroit muscle. American automobile ingenuity at its finest. I’m talking 1960s era Chevys, Fords, and Mopars, and I’m talking ones that go fast. Ok, I expect the typical Listverse flak about this list being “too American”, but cry me a river. If someone wants to do a European Sports Car list, more power to ya, but these machines are my idea of heaven on four wheels.

This is of course not a definitive list but before you comment, please note: you’ll find no pony-cars here, my friends. Maybe I’ll do a follow-up list of Camaros, Mustangs, etc. if this one is well received, but for this one I wanted to profile the more humble looking street machines. And sorry, I love ‘em, but in my world ‘vettes are “sports cars”, not muscle cars, so that marque is likewise omitted. And so without further ado, here are ten of my favorite muscle machines, right down to specific model-years that are of special appeal to collectors and enthusiasts. And yes, they are in no particular order (well maybe slight consideration) so don’t obsess about the ranking.

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely did not realize that a 427 was optional in the 1963 Impala.I thought the 409 was the maximum available engine.

Anonymous said...

I'm watching Barrett Jackson at the moment.Amazing how much the antique cars are bringing.