Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, December 06, 2014

Donald Trump Tells Me Why He's Eyeing the White House. I'll Tell You Why He Could Win.

Just one day after the midterm elections, Donald Trump let it slip that he's "going to take a very serious look" at making a bid for the White House in 2016.

Granted, for years he's floated the idea of running for president, but it seems this time could be different. I spoke to him in depth about his views on politics, the 2016 presidential field, and why he's moving closer to taking up the call.

"The reason that I'm looking at it very strongly this time is I'm so sick and tired of politicians. I am so sick and tired of watching these politicians who are all talk and no action. As an example, Benghazi, the IRS…I've just watched so much of the talk and the rhetoric and nothing gets done," Trump told me.

Trump said that he will be making the decision about whether to run in March or April, but I felt he gave some strong hints about which way he is leaning.

"I have an instinct for things. I think the country is ready for someone who gets it. I think the country is ready for somebody who can take it to greatness again," he said.

Some people will say this is just publicity stunt, a point he acknowledged.

"A lot of people think I'm having fun when I do this. I'm not. I can think of other things I can be doing…I love what I'm doing, and I'd be very happy if we had the right person," he said.

Separate to what he says, if you look at the time and effort he's already invested on the campaign trail, there's good reason to believe he's not bluffing.

More

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Deja vu all over again.Not to spill the beans,but by 2016 DT will have had 2 additional business ventures go belly up.That will not bode well for his political ambitions.In addition,he does not realize how etched in stone the 2016 race actually is.If he wants to be the sacrificial lamb that's his choice,but the decision has already been made.