Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, November 27, 2014

A Letter To The Editor: Today's Daily Times Article on Wardell Turner

Joe,

The DT has done it again by doing a half-assed job verifying information before publishing it. The picture on page A2 under Earl Holland's STRENGTH article is not SGM Turner but rather some other guy. I had the pleasure of knowing Wardell and believe, that is not him. For reference just look at the other picture below in the other article.

What a disservice to him and his family. It appears to me like someone found a stock photo and put it in the article for filler space.

If I may I would like to say goodbye to my old classmate and fellow Army veteran Sergeant Major Wardell Turner and I hope that his family will come to accept their loss in as timely a manner as possible and to take today to reflect upon what they had and not what they lost.

Thanks for all that you do Joe. Take care and Happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone else on the blog.

No comments: