Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Do You Remember This?

Hello. Don't recognize me? That's OK, I understand. My name was Antonio West. I was the 13-month old child who was shot in the face at point blank range by two black teens who were attempting to rob my mother, who was also shot. I think my murder and my mommy's wounding made the news for maybe a day, and then disappeared.

A Grand Jury of my mommy's peers from Brunswick, Georgia ruled the black teens who murdered me will not face the death penalty. Too bad it was me who got the death sentence from my killers instead, because Mommy didn't have the money they demanded.

See, my family made the mistake of being white in a 73% non-white neighborhood, but my murder wasn't ruled a "hate crime."There isn't a white equivalent of Al Sharpton, because, if there was, he would be branded a "racist." So no one's rushing to Brunswick, Georgia to demonstrate and demand "justice" for me. There's no White Panther party, either, to put a bounty on the lives of the two black teens who murdered me. I have no voice, I have no representation and, unlike those who shot me in the face while I sat innocently in my stroller, I no longer have my life.

Isn't this a great country? So while you're out seeking justice for Trayvon or Michael Brown, please remember to seek justice for me. Tell your friends about me, tell your families, get tee-shirts with my face on them, and make the world pay attention, just like you did for Trayvon and Michael Brown. I won't hold my breath. I don't have to anymore.

Antonio West

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liberal fn judges i hope they have Nightmares forever.

Anonymous said...

Amen !!

Anonymous said...

in obamas world it is only a hate crime if it is white against black.

Anonymous said...

This needs to be sent direct to the Travon and Michael Brown people and especially Al Sharpton & Jesse Jackson> Where is the justice for this baby and his mother? The scales have swung to far change needs to come.

Anonymous said...

Puts the battle of the Travon & Michael into prospective!! We are a racist nation...this boy should not have lost his life with NO JUSTICE demanded! however, we as whites,were to riot in the streets and keep such violence alive we'd be racist!!

Anonymous said...

8:38....change is on its way and nobody is going to like it.

Anonymous said...

Disgusting. Everyone that supports this decision needs a bullet in the face just like this baby.

Memo to everyone that voted for Obama when the civil war begins I will be aiming for the face and I know many who did vote for him. Sorry for your luck!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
8:38....change is on its way and nobody is going to like it.

September 11, 2014 at 10:10 AM

Please explain!!

Anonymous said...

The problem is that most White people will NOT Stand UP for themselves, let alone anyone else! The BLACK community is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT! The white people for the most part have work ethics, and HONESTLY believe that JUSTICE is brought by the COURTS!!! That is not the way anymore! The white community really needs to bond together the way the black community, but that WILL NOT HAPPEN until there is ANOTHER CIVIL WAR - but this one is going to be bigger, since the RACES will COMPLETELY DIVIDE!!!! This child is proof that WHITE people are only being stomped into the ground more and more everyday - you know just like the BLACK PEOPLE SWEAR IS CONSTANTLY HAPPENING TO THEM!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am a black man and if someone did to my kid what was done to this kid we would have problems. Al and Jesse are fools so forget about color and not let the media keep stirring the race card. These people who kill like this we as all races should be protesting,because it will end up on everyones doorstep.The race card is nothing but a ploy of that old serpent,The Devil.

Anonymous said...

Georgia Laws MUST BE CHANGED! NO Capital punishment for anyone under the age of 18! Bull Crap - If you are OLD enough to take someone else's life - then if a court finds you guilty - why should your "young" life be spared? In this case they DAMN sure DID NOT SPARE THE LIFE OF A BABY!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

To many folks, only blacks can be victims.