Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Veterans Describe VA Hospital Experiences

The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs became an explosive political story this week, culminating with the resignation of VA Secretary Eric Shinseki.

The final straw appeared to be a report that described chronic wait times at the Phoenix hospital and found that about 1,700 veterans in need of care were "at risk of being lost or forgotten." The VA and independent investigators with the Office of Inspector General are still in the process of uncovering problems at dozens of other VA facilities around the country while some lawmakers are calling for criminal probes.

3 comments:

Ironshire said...

Early this year I was diagnosed with a serious illness by my local Doc. I'm in the VA system and decided to go to them for treatment.
I cannot say enough about the wonderful care the VA has given me throughout this process. I've worked with VA medical professionals in Pocomoke, Cambridge and Baltimore. All have gone out of their way to accommodate my needs and make sure that I received the treatment I needed.
My journey is not finished with this illness but the worst is over.
Thank you, MD VA

Craig Theobald
Ironshire

Anonymous said...

I too go to the VA clinic in Cambridge for medical care. I've always been treated very respectfully and never had a negative experience there. My VA experience started in 2005 in Wilmington, DE then Perry Point, MD, never a negative experience. It seems that those vets who are disrespectful have there issues handled the slowest- respect is a two way street.

Anonymous said...

I have heard only good things about VA near Norfolk.