Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, May 07, 2014

NFL Hopeful Teddy Bridgewater Surprises His 'Survivor' Mom With Ultimate Mother's Day Gift

NFL draft hopeful Teddy Bridgewater fulfilled a promise Monday he made to his mom when was only 8 years old.

Rose Murphy raised her son while battling and eventually beating breast cancer in Miami. Bridgewater’s story of rising from a young peewee football player to a potential NFL star, all while caring for his mom, caught filmmaker Spike Lee's attention. Lee produced a short documentary about the family, "A #Promise2Rose, ABC News reported.

“When I make it to the NFL, I’m going to buy you a pink Cadillac Escalade with pink rims,” Bridgewater, now 21, recalled telling his mom when he was in the third grade, ABC News reported.

Because Murphy is a breast cancer survivor, the Cadillac’s pink color has significant meaning to her.
More

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is a wonderful story. such a grateful, humble man.

Anonymous said...

Mothers Day, what do you do when you have four daughters and they lost their mom eight months ago, what do you do on Mothers Day. I am a dad and I cannot replace there mother no matter what I do, it just isnt going to happen. She was the most important thing in all there lives and the best thing that ever happened to me. Do you go to her grave and cry and be sad and fall to pieces again? How do you make a better day than that. I do not know the answer to that. What the hell do you do?

Anonymous said...

2:54 How about taking you children to their mother's favorite places... like a tour. Where you met? Where you asked her to marry you? Your first kiss? Etc, Etc... keep it positive, and they will see it as such. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

2:54 has a good ideas. I lost my mom when I was 18, it is hard I know but do something to celebrate her life and start a new tradition for Mother's Day and you have been Mother and Father both to the girls. So either go out or bar-b-que at home to honor the both of you.

It has been 46 years but I still have problems around any holidays.

Anonymous said...

Bridgewater is an amazing kid. Espn had a really nice piece on him today

Anonymous said...

We lost our mothers a year ago and 3 years ago , I'm 71 and still cry like a baby .
You never miss the water till the well runs dry.
She's always your mamma!!