Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, February 21, 2014

Troops Left To Fend For Themselves After Army Was Warned Of Flaws In Rifle

Army Senior Warrant Officer Russton B. Kramer, a 20-year Green Beret, has learned that if you want to improve your chances to survive, it’s best to personally make modifications to the Army’s primary rifle — the M4 carbine.

Warrant Officer Kramer has been dropped into some of the most ferocious battles in the war on terrorism, from hunting Islamists in the mountains of northern Iraq to disrupting Taliban opium dealers in dusty southern Afghanistan. He was awarded the Silver Star for his bravery in Operation Viking Hammer to crush the terrorist group Ansar al-Islam in Iraq.

More

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

while i was reading this story i was thinking of the vast numbers of the excellent M-14 rifle that our braindead-dumbass government literally chopped up and reduced to worthless scrap metal. very high quality, accurate, hard hitting and reliable weapons made by Winchester, TRW, Harrington & Richardson and the real Springfield Armory, that our troops can only dream about today. the few remaining M-14's have been used in recent years as sniper rifles, or "designated marksman" as they call them now. how many guys would be alive today if they had been carrying an M-14 instead of the M-4? something to consider when selecting your personal SHTF blaster.

ginn said...

Since my introduction, in the 1960's, to the simple reliable 'Avtomat Kalashnikova' or in Russian slang, Kalash.., the AK47, I've been a fan. I'm as pro America as George Washington but, I also appreciate mechanical reliability, in anything. So, if my family's or my life is going to be involved I'm choosing 'reliability'. Besides.., the ammo is cheaper, too.

Anonymous said...

3:04 I agree, the AK-47 is as reliable as you can get. It's the only rifle I will buy, and not do a single modification. AR's can be just as reliable, but you have to build them from the ground up, to get a superior rifle. I build them for around $1000, with parts from different manufacturers. I wouldn't trust my life to a AR that was purchased off the shelf. Same with hunting, give me a Frankenstein, that I put together, over anything on a shelf.

Anonymous said...

Didnt have an issue with my M4 during my 3 combat tours. Also the AK47 isnt as accurate a couple hundred yards out like the M4 is.

Anonymous said...

This goes all the way back to the Revolutionary War.Defective rifles have always been around in wartime.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
Didnt have an issue with my M4 during my 3 combat tours. Also the AK47 isnt as accurate a couple hundred yards out like the M4 is.

February 21, 2014 at 6:20 PM

always one in every crowd

Anonymous said...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
This goes all the way back to the Revolutionary War.Defective rifles have always been around in wartime.

February 21, 2014 at 7:07 PM

I just don't know what to say to that statement. Still scratching my head.