Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, January 27, 2014

Delegates Say 'No Way' To Vehicle-Mile-Traveled Tax

A bill which would ban the creation of a vehicle-miles traveled tax has been introduced in the House of Delegates.

A Vehicle Miles Traveled (VMT) Tax, is essentially a tax imposed on every mile you drive. In effect such a road tax would constitute a toll on every single road, with rates set based on where and when the vehicle was driving.

A VMT was proposed as part of the Maryland Department of Transportation's 2012 implementation report for Maryland's Climate Action Plan, which stated that MDOT wants to “establish a GHG emission-based road user fee (or VMT fee) statewide by 2020 in addition to existing motor fuel taxes."
More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im sure it wont impact small businesses?

Anonymous said...



If you drive a car, I'll tax the street
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat
If you get too cold I'll tax the heat
If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet


'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah I'm the taxman,
and you're working for no one but me.

Anonymous said...

This will directly impact elderly and other shut ins who rely on in home healthcare.