Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, January 20, 2014

A Comment Worthy Of A Post 1-20-14

Bush'man has left a new comment on your post "Tell Us What YOU Think About This BURY Stuff":

I went downtown to get my haircut and enjoy a great cup of coffee and while I parked in the public parking lot I got to thinking that in no way would I do this again if I had to use the parking deck. 


Even as it is, my wife who is also a small business owner here in Salisbury (but not downtown) will not risk venturing alone downtown due to crime. We have both considered obtaining a CCP but here in Maryland one risks the over reach of government into our personal lives. (That is a story for another day)

We moved here 25 years ago wanting to be part of a Salisbury revival. Now both our children have left Salisbury with no intention of returning to, in their words "Smallsbury".

Until the voters of "Bury" see the necessity of fiscal conservatism and bringing people into government who share this value, the "Bury" will continue in its struggle for identity and financial investments of those willing to risk starting a business here.

Joe, I appreciate your venture into the "Bury" since you had a mindset so much needed in order for change to occur. Unfortunately the "Good Old Boy" powers won out.

Until that changes Salisbury will continue as it is and look admiringly at other nearby towns who are succeeding in making their towns destinations for those living on and visiting the Eastern Shore.

For those that might remember the film "last Picture show"... Salisbury has and is heading that direction.

Bury the the monicker "Bury".

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I call it a "mindweld" because of an actual inability to change.That mentality will be carried into the next election and the one after that.

Anonymous said...

we used to call it "Dullsbury"... but hey, at least we're #1 in polluting the chesapeake bay!

Anonymous said...

I agree! totally!

Anonymous said...

Stupid! Salisbury will be "Sby" when abbreviated forget about the other mess. Maybe they like "Bury" because that is what they have done with your TAXES!!! Refer back to Joe's SOLD article!!!

Anonymous said...

I axe you, does "da Bury' sound like ghetto or what?

Anonymous said...

Dingle bury

Anonymous said...

SBY just has to bottom out first.Then we'll rebound.I think I'll go get some blizzard supplies like bread and milk,etc.That way I'll have plenty of food home to think about while I'm eating out somewhere tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I pars in the library parking lot.No problem