Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, December 27, 2013

New Taxes Set to Kick In Under Obamacare

Millions of Americans are facing hidden tax surcharges on their insurance premiums under President Barack Obama's healthcare law as well as new health-related taxes on their income tax bills, the New York Post reports.

Some health insurance companies are not informing patients about the Obamacare taxes, instead deciding to quietly pass them on to its customers. But Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama has revealed the taxes on its bills with a separate line item for “Affordable Care Act Fees and Taxes.”

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to mention the real estate transfer tax, the tax on tanning beds, and the tax on medical equipment that is all part of obamacare.

Anonymous said...

play nice you knew if you had money it would be given to the poor

Anonymous said...

I work at a low wage job only because of the insurance. I was all for an insurance for those who aren't offered insurance thru their work place. I am tired of paying high insurance fees to help offset those without insurance but get treated at the emergency room! Now I will still be paying for those who don't have insurance and mine. I am so sick of doing the right thing. I am beginning to think that I would (finically) be better off to sit home on my a#* and collect welfare! I think that 40 years of working and being a loyal employee gets you nowhere.

Anonymous said...

12:00
Sad but true.

Anonymous said...

You are correct 12:00 PM, but that only works best if you aren't white.