Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, December 23, 2013

A Letter To The Editor: Obamacare

Joe,

Thought I would share my experience with the health care exchange and mandatory coverage. I was on hold for 30 minutes this morning and disconnected from the help line after having it ring with a busy signal. I tried again because the web site is unable to verify my identity. I AM A US CITIZEN, HAVE A SOCIAL, A VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE and A JOB. No wonder the system can’t verify me. The message says that I must call, so now I have tried twice and gotten a busy signal and when I did get through have been holding for an hour and 20 minutes…so far. And, get this, although I have a college education the only job that I could find was part time retail. I want to work, so I currently work part time retail until I can get to full time. I filled out the paper work on the web site to see what assistance I will qualify for with the premiums (otherwise the coverage would pretty much take all my earnings) and that form has to be printed, signed and sent via the MAIL. This is the biggest mess I’ve ever seen!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Low cost High deductibles so people still wont go to see there doctor because of the high deductibles so people Will get sicker.

Anonymous said...

Here's my low cost plan for 2 -808.00 per month with a 12,000 deductable.Us citizens cant vote these idiots out of office fast enough.

Anonymous said...

sorry, you voted for him.

Anonymous said...

My ins. had been cancelled. While on hold for 1hr.& 10 min. I called Norm Conway (our delegated's) office. I don't care which side of the isle he sits on he was willing to help me. While on the phone with him, the cust. svc. rep. finally answered. She took my info & said someone from tech support would call back in a couple of days. Haven't heard a word from them since. Mr. Conway, however, called the next day to make sure I was taken care of the prev. night. Still don't have new ins. So, Mr. Conway..YEA.., MD Healthcare.gov..Boooooo