Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, October 04, 2013

Why Lawyers In America Drink So Much

Editor's note: The following is an answer to the question posted on Quora, "Why do lawyers drink so much?" We have reprinted the answer with permission from the author.
A threshold question: Do they? Yes. This is clear anecdotally among lawyers and law students I know, and it's also borne out empirically.

Well, why? The short version: Practicing law sucks enough to drive anyone to drink. Plus, even if you are a (rare) happy lawyer, three years of booze-soaked law school have probably turned you into a lush.

More

2 comments:

ginn said...

Quite honestly I feel it's to try and depress their feelings of guilt, nothing more.

Anonymous said...

I guess I am the exception to the rules I am in my final year of law school and might have one drink a month. I guess I am the exception.