Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Vladimir Putin Slaps President Obama With An Oddly Coherent Message About Syria

'How many times did the US initiate conflicts in various parts of the world? Has this ever helped to resolve even one problem?'

Before we get started, let's just be clear. Putin's an old-school, ex-KGB, hardliner. He's no hero, a staunch Assad ally, and no friend to the West. Everything he does is done in service of his own interests.

So, with that in mind.... How embarrassing is it that his remarks here - which take a pretty severe swipe at Obama - make more sense than anything coming out of the White House? You can argue about Putin's conclusions, but can you imagine what would happen if the American media demanded a message this cogent from a teleprompter-less President?

More 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well stated. This makes Obama sound like a 3rd grader.

Anonymous said...

too funny. You guys are so hell bent on being anti obama, that now even Putin is your hero. Had he been saying this to Bush, you would be crying out how dead wrong this question is. Who wants to bet a quick google search will prove my point. lol

Anonymous said...

507, Obviously you have not been following the Syrian gas explosion, which is the core subject matter Putin is addressing here. I didn't hear him mention Democrats or Republicans.

You can get back under your rock, now.

Anonymous said...

"You guys are so hell bent on being anti obama, that now even Putin is your hero." And your type is so determined that your Dear Leader is a deity that you can't process any criticism. Face it fool - you voted for a corrupt, incompetent, racist, conman.

Anonymous said...

I never thought I would see the day when I respected this scumbag more than our homosexual, communist, Muslim president. I love my country but I cannot respect the thing that is president of it.

Anonymous said...

546, thanks for proving my point. I didn't say Putin was being partisan. It's pretty obvious I was speaking of folks like you commenting here being hyperpartisan. Dummy up.

616, sorry bud, but just because I don't tow the line of the rightwing partisans, doesn't make me a hyperpartisan leftie. That only works in the delusional world of the political ideologues.

Anonymous said...

It goes well beyond this point too. When one looks capitalist opportunities, Russia now has more to offer than the US.

That was absolutely unthinkable 15 years ago!

Anonymous said...

"Face it fool - you voted for a corrupt, incompetent, racist, conman." 6:16 p.m.

That is a hilarious statement. Sounds just like you are describing our former president.

If you like, I can help you pack for Russia.