Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Stopping Common Core

Delegate Ron George to Introduce Legislation in Next Session

Annapolis, MD—Delegate Ron George (R, Annapolis) announced today that he was preparing legislation to address issues regarding the controversial Common Core of State Standards when the legislature reconvenes in 2014.

“I have opposed Common Core from its onset,” said Delegate George. “Parents have the right to have their voices heard in all matters concerning the education of their children. This is a vast overreach by the federal government that should not even be considered until it has been thoroughly vetted by parents,” continued George.

“It is very clear to me that Common Core is nothing but an attempt by the federal government to take control over our children’s education and to force parents to sit on the sideline. It is outrageous and I intend to fight it with all of my energy said George.”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Considering things like the modified second amendment lesson that we saw earlier this month, we need more accountability from the school districts.....

Anonymous said...

Wish Delmar would drop common core. But federal money talks.

Anonymous said...

More Delegates need to consider doing the same!!!!

Anonymous said...

You know, I've got kids in Public School, and I've NEVER received any paperwork on or about this "Common Core" until I heard last spring it would be implemented here in out school system.

Am I the only one?

Has anyone else gotten an Agenda from the local BOE?

Was there a vote in our elections for this?

Who knew, until now? I mean, among us peasants...