Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, July 15, 2013

Let’s Talk About Dead Black Children

I want to say something to the people who are taking to the streets or, more commonly, to the Internet, to express their outrage that an impartial female jury found a Hispanic man not guilty of committing a crime the State couldn’t prove. I need to tell you about something. I really hope you read this and think about it. You say that you’re angry and heartbroken about this case. You tell me you aren’t what you appear to be — vengeful and vindictive — that you are, instead, sincerely distressed and grief stricken because a black child is dead. You tell me that you feel as though nobody cares about Trayvon Martin’s demise because he was a black kid. You tell me you just want justice for the innocent and reparation for the helpless soul that has been slaughtered. The NAACP has asked Obama to impose double jeopardy on Zimmerman because he infringed on Martin’s “right to life.” That’s an exact quote. Right to life.
Ok. Well, I don’t agree with your assessment of this case, and I think you’re still repeating long debunked bits of propaganda. I think if you actually looked at the evidence presented you might come to a different conclusion. But I don’t want to have that argument here. In fact, I’m going to take you at your word. You’re saddened by the death of a black child. That’s all. And I believe you. And it’s because I believe you that I think you will be very interested in what I have to tell you:

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no let's not talk about it. Black are murdering other blacks in alarming numbers but let's just forget about it. Then they say they feel as though they are looked at as inferior. Well it's no wonder.

Anonymous said...

This is a good piece of writing. What does Jessie and Al have to say about it? You will never hear a word from them.

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!

Anonymous said...

Great Point made in this essay.