Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Former Alabama Cop Claims He Was Fired After Blowing Whistle On Ticket Quotas

A former Alabama police officer claims he was fired after complaining about a ticket quota, but city officials say the “unfounded accusation” is damaging the entire department.

Justin Hanners, a 30-year-old father of two, claims the Auburn Police Department began instructing its officers as early as 2010 to make 100 contacts per month, with those interactions divided among warnings, tickets, arrest and field interviews. Hanners, a six-year department veteran who was fired in March, said he has audio recordings to prove his claims.

“I stressed a moral objection to the quota,” Hanners told FoxNews.com. “I was then told I wouldn’t get promoted, I would get bad evaluations and ultimately I would be fired.”

More

No comments: