Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, June 07, 2013

Top Maryland Democratic Senator To Resign

One of the Maryland Senate's highest-ranking Democrats announced Thursday that he would resign at the end of summer.

Senate Majority Leader Rob Garagiola, D-Montgomery County, said he would be resigning from the Senate on Sept. 1.

"I want to spend more quality time with my children," said Garagiola, who has three children between 12 and 15. "It is time for me to be a father first for them and I realize as I watch them grow and become young adults that I won't be able to get this time back. I look forward to being extremely involved in their lives, which I have not been able to do while in public service."

 More

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can we get the rest of those liberal idiots to follow behind him!

Anonymous said...

Maybe some other Democrats need to take his lead.
Wouldn't that be nice?

Anonymous said...

that's the given reason, not what's the real reason?

Anonymous said...

Don't let the door hit your backside.

Anonymous said...

Good for him. A person should be able to serve while being a parent, but in this day and age, every group, club, business and many individuals feel officials should have no lives. If you don't show up for their new bathroom ribbon cutting, then you're a dog. Some politicians are dogs for showing up - they are called media hounds! (drum rap)

JoeAlbero said...

I tip my hat to this gentleman.

If I had only realized how much I was missing over the past 15 months by moving to Salisbury I would have never done it. Lesson learned and thankful to God for the way things turned out. 2.7 more years of it could have destroyed everything.

Getting up and bringing my Grandson to the bus every week day morning these past two+ months and sharing the quality time with him when he gets off that bus in the afternoon was well worth a loss.

I can completely understand and respect this man's decision. Fortunately I wasn't away for as long as this man has been and one thing is for sure, it will never happen again.

As for the quality time with my Wife, that's none of your business but know I'm smiling from ear to ear.

It was real Salisbury but I thank you for the end result. Oh, and thank God for all the rain too.

Anonymous said...

I think this commenter from the linked article might have hit the nail on the head with this thought-

"griefman • 7 hours ago −

When a politician says they are retiring to spend more time with their family, it usually means that the poop is about to hit the proverbial prop. Wait for it..... wait for it."

Anonymous said...

Mr. A., sorry to hear that, but happy for you and your family. I so wanted you to win. Plus 3:53, I feel the same. map

Anonymous said...

3:53 PM you are exactly right and the Democrats will do their best to cover it up.