Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, June 03, 2013

The Dirty Side Of Wheat

Editor’s Note: Although wheat is a great choice for adding to your preparedness supply, there is a downside to this food source. The GMO wheat that is prevalent in many of the store bought products we purchase in this country has been genetically altered to increase carbohydrates thus leading to increased health issues such as high blood sugar levels.

To ensure your bread choices are the healthiest, make sure you look at the ingredient listings. If the first ingredient is whole grains, then that is a good bread choice option. If you are not allergic to wheat, I would advocate having some whole wheat in your diet as there is nutrition in this grain, but there are alternatives available. Some healthy options are: amaranth, barley, buckwheat, millet, quinoa, rice, rye, and sorghum.

A month or so back, I went to a local spa to have a back massage; my left shoulder was bothering me. The therapist, Don, and I talked a bit and he asked what medications I was on; I told him. I told him that one of my goals was to get off those medicines by diet but I was having a difficult time with it. He spoke of a book written by Dr. William Davis, Wheat Belly. Don explained that Dr. Davis, a cardiologist, had found that eliminating wheat from one’s diet could reverse many of today’s medical problems. He has well over 2,000 patients as proof.

So I bought a copy of the book and read it immediately. I could not believe what I was reading; I had the solution in my hand. So I implemented the wheat-free diet about a month ago and can state that this works; I have dropped my blood sugar count by 19 points, some 17% in one month. I have taken myself off the Metformin that my doctor had prescribed; my blood sugars are now well within the normal ranges.

So how does this work?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amaranth has been around a loooong time but can not be digested by humans unless it is cooked first.

Anonymous said...

yet another bs fad diet. It's called moderation people. It's not a hard concept to grasp. No fad diet, special pills, or magic beans needed.

Anonymous said...

We also read the book! YES, it really works for weight loss and overall health!

Anonymous said...

dittos to 7:23. the food supply today is questionable at best. buyer beware.
if you would like to grow your own vegetables and fruits and nut trees; be sure to purchase heirloom seeds. these seeds may also be great for bartering in the future.