Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, May 09, 2013

Pig And Jig Bbq Competition Was Rigged!

Joe, 

I was not going to say anything about this, but the more I thought about it the more I got fired up. I decided to attend pig and jig on Saturday may 4th in snow hill. About the time I was there, they were giving out awards on stage for the bbq competition. I noticed a young boy maybe around the age of 12 won champion. I thought wow he beat all the grown men! Then afterwards, I seen the lady that gave the awards out kiss the little boy on the forehead, thought wow she knows him? So I began walking around and heard people talking that was her grandson that won, and her son in law that came in 2nd! Now, I don’t know about you, but if that had been me in that bbq competition, I would have been furious. That family even had trophies from previous years they won. Now I know how they got those. Pig and a Jig should be called pig and a jig and rig!! The whole event was boring anyway. I will stick with pork in the park.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most local competitions are rigged.

Anonymous said...

Nepotism at it's finest. Don't even bother attending their non event in the future.

Anonymous said...

Then I guess the jig is up.

Anonymous said...

You say that you did not arrive until the event was over but could tell it was rigged. How many participated? Did you see or taste the actual results of the cooking? How many and who were the judges? I don't understand how you can arrive at an event when it is over and judge it was rigged. Sounds more like sour grapes. Perhaps a contestant of the Pig and Jig would like to add their opinion and give us facts of the event,

Anonymous said...

To the Author: Are you proud of yourself starting a cruel rumor! How do you look in the mirror each morning. Jane, Thank you. I met this young man for the first time at the "Pork in the Park" and was inpired by his story. I was one of many who supported him. Yes he had help but he kicked butt that day.

Anonymous said...

Funny how a lot of comments dissapeared

Anonymous said...

anon 11:14 - 16 to be exact.

Anonymous said...

wow....... a lot of comments did dissapear... maybe those wicomico county employees have lots of power..

Anonymous said...

In their mind

Anonymous said...

This was a day of good clean fun, and for a great cause...benefiting the students of Snow Hill. Get off your high horses please. Snow Hill is not trying to compete with Pork in the Park, but thanks for giving all this attention. With your help, maybe this event will continue to grow :)

Anonymous said...

Good for Pig and a Jig because Pork in the Park is way too expensive. Costs my family $25 just to enter the park, $80 to eat (albeit-good food), another $80 to enjoy rides/entertainment. Is it really worth all that for 2-3 hours though? I can pack a picnic and bottle of wine and head to Pocomoke River Canoe Co (in Snow Hill) and paddle on the river for two hours with $20 in my pocket. PorknPark has priced themselves out of this area and it's time the Parks and Rec Dept created themselves a newer event, some might think.