Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, April 15, 2013

Alex Guerrero Dominates Yet Another Professional Win In Salisbury









Another great night of boxing took place Friday night at the Wicomico Youth and Civic Center brought to you by the Main Street Gym.

Each bout was extremely enjoyable to watch but none more enjoyable than Alex Guerrero fighting an almost perfect 10 rounds and barely getting touched by his opponent.

Let me assure you, this was no gimme match. Alex defended himself almost perfectly throughout the bout proving he is one of the very best in his weight class and extremely difficult to beat. 

While the crowd was much smaller than his younger brother Fernando's matches at the Civic Center, those who attended got their moneys worth.

It was unfortunate Friday evening when I watched the local news and there was absolutely nothing on air to promote the fight. While I have heard numerous times that Salisbury News doesn't cover enough local events, perhaps those complaining should take another look at the rest of the main stream media not covering such events. At least we promoted it and the proof was in all of those people who attended that follow Salisbury News. 

Congratulations Alex Guerrero and the Main Street Gym. 

7 comments:

HAGGIS said...

Great job Alex.

Anonymous said...

Great photos, Joe!

Anonymous said...

Was Ireton there? This is a great community event and I know he didn't show up at the last event at the gym. Just wondering if he took the time to support Alex.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have went in support, Unemployed and it just wasn't in the budget.

JoeAlbero said...

anonymous 8:32, No, Jim Ireton was not at the fight and did not support the event. Nor were any City or County Council Members. I should add, nor was the County Executive. I did however see a lot of the business community there. It's a shame they can't vote.

Anonymous said...

Alex is a delight both in and out of the ring!!! He arrived home saturday afternoon and as he exited the car, I yelled to him "Congratulations Alex". He gave that big grin and walked to my house to chat. Hes never to busy or too good to say a few words. WAY TO GO ALEX!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of my bIg brother. Thank you Salisbury for supporting him. So happy to come to this country this county and being blessed of being loved by everyone. Now all I have to do is being the belt home to repay everything you all have done because I'f it wasn't for you all I would not be we're I am now. Thank you all